Here you’ll find the list of the tools + resources I use.
Some of the links below may be affiliate links.
- GitHub - For version control of web projects and backup for my content.
- Jekyll - For building websites, including this one!
- Netlify - For hosting my web projects.
- Tailwind CSS - For building websites (CSS).
- Visual Studio Code - For writing code.
- Buy Me A Coffee - For accepting donations from super fans.
- Gumroad - For selling my digital products.
- Hemmingway - For editing my writing.
- Notion - For project management and managing my To Read Library.
- Notion VIP - For consistent Notion icons.
- Substack - For hosting my weekly newsletter.
- Typora - For writing in Markdown.
- Canva - For creating graphics for social media and whatever else I can think of.
- Coolors - For finding color palettes.
- Figma - For creating graphics, mockups, icons; pretty much anything.
- Pika - For creating pretty screenshots.
- Poet.so - For turning tweets into pretty screenshots.
- Airtable - For managing tables of data with automation. I use Airtable to manage ad bookings for Design Insight.
- Espanso - For text expansion snippets
- Obsidian - My personal knowledge management app.
- Pomofocus - A Pomodoro timer app for helping me to focus on work.
- Spotify - For listening to music.
- Todoist - My task management app.
- Tweetdeck - For viewing Twitter lists.
- Xmind - For creating mind maps.
- Zlappo - For scheduling my Tweets.