Jekyll - How To Limit Posts During The Build Process
As your Jekyll blog grows in size over time, you might find that the build process takes longer to run.
This can be frustrating if you just want to test out a small UI change.
Luckily, the workaround for this is to limit the number of posts during the build process.
Here’s the command:
bundle exec jekyll serve --limit_posts 10
This will limit the build to 10 posts but you can change the number to be whatever you need.
Try this out the next time you’re looking to test out a small change on your website locally and you’ll find this has a big impact on your build times.
Enjoy Reading This Article?
Here are some more articles you might like to read next:
- Jekyll - How To Determine Build Times
- Jekyll - Creating External Links That Open In A New Tab
- Keep A Web Dev Notebook To Learn More Effectively
- How To Remove A Post Category From The Blog Page In WordPress
- You Learn More Effectively By Practicing